Top Ten Childhood Favorites

This week's Top Ten Tuesday had "Freebie" listed as a topic. I wasn't quite up to the task of making up my own topic this week, but TTT's host is still keeping a running list of topics they've covered. I've missed out on quite a lot... I've been away so long, I had no idea that Top Ten Tuesday had even left The Broke and Bookish, for ThatArtsyReaderGirl.

Without further ado, these were the books of my childhood.

  1. Come on, Seabiscuit by Ralph Moody.
  2. Call of the Wild by Jack London.
  3. Novels of Redwall by Brian Jacques. (All of them.)
  4. Upchuck and the Rotten Willy by Bill Walace.
  5. The Secrets of Belltown by Ted M Murphy.
  6. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine.
  7. Falling Up by Shel Silverstein.
  8. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak.
  9. Matilda by Roald Dahl.
  10. The Black Stallion by Walter Farley.
Feel free to link me to your TTT in the comments!

Comments

  1. I loved so many of these books when I was a kid. Great list.

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-reasons-to-take-a-reading-break/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I really missed it never reading the Redwall books. I've debated going through them now. Think they'd holler up as an adult without the nostalgia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to say the writing is complex enough for an adult to read, and they're actually oddly violent for a children's books. the themes are quite repetitive, i assume to make it palatable for kids, which could be tedious for an adult---but they aren't deep thinkers, so depending on the mood of the adult it might be equally palatable after a stressful day at work when you don't want to think too deeply...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List