Friday Book Blog Hop

 22nd - 28th - Do you finish reading every book that you have slotted for a review? (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)


Good question.

I don't really choose books specifically with the intent to review... But every time I start a book, it is with the intention of finishing it, and if I finish it, I usually leave a review. Sometimes I don't make it to the ending. It could be I didn't like the story, was in the wrong frame of mind/mood, or maybe I found it to be poorly written... While I try to leave an honest and fair review of every book I read, I don't ever leave a review of a book I did not finish. How could I leave a fair review of a story I didn't actually read?

So to make a long ramble short: the answer is no.

But I'm curious: Do you know ahead of time what books you are planning to review?

*Friday Book Blogger Hop hosted by CoffeeAddictedWriter. Every Friday there will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. Each Hop will end on the following Thursday. 

Please feel free to use the comments section on my blog to link me to your posts!

Comments

  1. Honestly I have so many books on my review TBR... From like 5+ years ago. I try making a list of the books I need to review, but I usually stray from it.
    If I don't like the book I'll DNF it though, I honestly have no problem doing that, even if a review book.

    Ash @ Essentially Ash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I were getting paid by the review, if it would make a difference, but since the reviews are for my enjoyment...I just don't always make it to the end.

      Delete
  2. I try to review books that I read. If it was a review request than I make sure that I let the author or rep know that there is a chance that I might not finish it or review it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To a point I do know what books I'm planning to review - I have a long list of books from NetGalley, and usually plan around that, but I've lost track more recently! I'm much more of a mood reader, too, and I don't think it's fair to an arc if I'm not in the mood for it. But that's just arcs, like you I pretty much review everything I read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tough getting into something if your heart's just not in it.
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I always know that I have to review my ARCs. I don't always publish these reviews on my blog though. I try to read them in order of publication so I suppose that there is a sort of schedule there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List