Friday Book Blog Hop

Are you able to choose your favorite books? (Julie @ Stepping Stone Book Reviews)

At first, I wasn't sure what the question meant, which gave me time to consider a few possible meanings of, and answers to, the question.

Are you able to choose your favorite books?

Like do other people pick my favorite books for me? No. Hell, no. If they pick the book, it's likely their favorite and not mine, and if they found mine on the first go, they'd be mind-readers (or mine-readers?) and not the sort of people I'd be hanging out with in the first place.

Are you able to choose your favorite books?

Perhaps the author of the question meant, am I able to choose my favorite books as a blogging topic. I suppose I could limit the span of my blogging to only books I absolutely loved. But what the heck would I write about if my reading material for the year was made entirely of duds? And wouldn't people get sick of hearing me rave about the same handful of stories over and over again?

Are you able to choose your favorite books?

I've considered that the question simply means, is it even possible to pick a favorite out of the stories that I've read. A good story is there when you need it, and you always remember the time when you needed it, which makes its value incomparable to its peers. Which is to say, sometimes it seems that all stories are created equally loved... 

I can in fact choose favorites, if I'm hard pressed to break them down by genre and topic. But it is always favorites (plural), and never favorite (singular) because, like donuts, I can never have just one.

Comments

  1. Yeah, I don't have just one favourite book, it's not possible! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List