Quotable Thursday

 

"The world outside the window was white with snow--the trees caked in it, the garden killed by it--its plants stiff and gray, frozen, the tilled ground mounded white, and footprints, from the garden to house, showing the path the mother had walked with her screaming child. Though somehow the tomatoes remained bright red, now almost like shiny Christmas tree ornaments--much too red against the snow." --Emily M. Danforth, Plain Bad Heroines

I was under the misguided notion that this book was a horror novel, a notion partially fueled by my local bookstore displaying it in the "Horror" section of the store. To date, the scariest thing about this novel is the author's overuse of the words "celesbian" and "wunderkind" to describe her characters. But the story is not bad...

Thursday Quotables @ Bookshelf Fantasies

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List