Quotable Thursday


This week I'm reading, Last Stop This Town by David H Steinberg.
"The Steak and Egg Kitchen was a throwback to a simpler time, when grease was one of the four major food groups, and if you got sick from eating a $4.99 T-bone then that was your problem, not theirs. The simple brick building in the West Hartford Center housed some of the surliest waitresses and crunchiest pancakes in town. But the Steak and Egg Kitchen was also the only place open twenty-four hours."
David H. Steinberg is the screenplay-writer, who came up with American Pie, the teen movie that teens had to sneak into...And his book? Reads like American Pie...I want to laugh and gag at the same time. But despite the gross humor, I love how he sets a scene.

   Quotable Thursday originally brought to you by Bookshelf Fantasies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List