Quotable Thursday


This week I'm reading True Grit by Charles Portis. Mattie Ross is an awfully cold character.

"Who is the best marshal they have?"
The sheriff thought on it a minute. He said, "I would have to weigh that proposition. There is near about two hundred of them. I reckon William Waters is the best tracker. He is a half-breed Comanche and it is something to see, watching him cut for sign. The meanest one is Rooster Cogburn. He is a pitiless man, double tough, and fear don't enter into his thinking. He loves to pull a cork. Now LT Quinn, he brings his prisoners in alive..."
I said, "Where can I find this Rooster?"
Quotable Thursday originally brought to you by Bookshelf Fantasies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List