The Sunday Post

 

Happy Sunday and welcome to my Sunday Post.

The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted byCaffeinated Reviewer. I will be posting on the first Sunday of every month and I hope you'll join me.

My weather report for the month of September is 'delightfully sunny.' But there's been a chill in the evening air that wasn't there before, leaving an undeniable truth: Summer is over.

My posts were few for the month. My cable provider wants us to update the boxes and our punishment for failure to comply is that our internet doesn't work as often as it should. The company is living life old-school with a, "You want it, come and get it." I'm just not desperate enough...yet.

The reviews I did manage to get posted were:

My reviews for the month of October will include and ARC of Elphie by Gregory Maguire expected out on 3/25/2025. And since it is October, I'm hoping to get in a good horror novel or two, but we'll see how it goes.

How was your September? Do you read any horror for October? 

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh! I totally get the internet thing. At least your provider is letting you know. Mine said nothing and when it went out two weeks ago, I had to drive into work an extra day to wait on the new modem to arrive. I will say it now works much better. No horror for me. I'll leave that to the rest of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably should just cave and make time to get the new one.

      Delete
  2. Internet troubles are the worst! Off to check out your review of Fool Me Once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize how much I depend on it until it slowed down.

      Delete
  3. I love a little chill in the air in the evenings. I am looking forward to cooler weather. It still feels like summer here. Next week is looking better though. I am sorry to hear you've been dealing with spotty internet service. My husband and I both depend on it for work. I'd probably be okay without it for personal use, even if I would be cranky and unhappy about it, but my daughter would probably think the world was ending. LOL But work-wise, it would be a real problem for both my husband and me.

    I really want to read S.A. Chakraborty's trilogy. I have the first book. I am really interested in Black Woods, Blue Sky. I hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can sympathize with your daughter lol. its not easy having to wait a good fifteen minutes to find out you have to refresh the page andtry again...never knowing if your blog posts have been changed...

      Delete
  4. Our Internet provider replaced our box when he replaced the line that got knocked down by the electrical provider when he came out after the fellow who cut down a limb that fell in Hurricane Beryl knocked down the electrical wire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know someone who had something similar happen...a car hit a pole so the power was out, but while they were replacing the damaged pole they backed the heavy machinery into another pole. they were a few days without power.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In