Poe

Book Beginnings on Fridays by Rose City Reader -  Share the opening sentence (or so) of the book you are reading this week. You can also share from a book that caught your fancy, even if you are not reading it right now.

"Horror and fatality have been stalking abroad in all ages. Why then give a date to this story I have to tell?"Metzengerstein by Edgar Allan Poe

Feuding nobles and a haunted horse. You really can't go wrong with Edgar Allan Poe.

Do you have a favorite book or author you turn to every October to celebrate Halloween? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

I can't really narrow it down to just one author there are too many good ones out there. As repetitively stated, I absolutely love John Ajvide Lindqvist and have re-read his stories multiple times. But Bram Stoker and Edgar Allan Poe are also on the list of re-readables. But October is the one month I'm not likely to re-read, preferring instead to track down new horror novels to try.

Comments

  1. If I had my way, I would be reading spooky books as well! Though usually I somehow find myself prepping for an event or something like that where I want to read books before meeting the authors! This time around though I am doing yet another Stephanie Garber re-read in anticipation of her next release! Maybe next October I can do a spooky read-a-thon! Lol.

    Thanks for visiting my BBH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A spooky readathon is a good way to put it, but I'm wondering if it could be a book blog challenge because it soundds like a good group activity.

      Delete
  2. I need to read some more Edgar Allan Poe. I've only read The Murders in the Rur Morgue.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/10/11/book-blogger-hop-books-i-like-to-read-at-halloween/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In