October Chills


Book Beginnings on Fridays by Rose City Reader - Share the opening sentence (or so) of the book you are reading this week. You can also share from a book that caught your fancy, even if you are not reading it right now.



"BIGFOOT DESTROYS TOWN. That was the title of an article I received not long after the Mount Ranier eruption. I thought it was spam, the inevitable result of so much online research." Devolution: A Firsthand Account of the Ranier Sasquatch Massacre by Max Brooks 

It's October! Okay, this book is a little out there, but it delivers on chills and thrills, which is what I'm after this month.


Q: Are there any books that you find particularly creepy or unpleasant, even if they aren't horror novels? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer. 


A: Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. The movie and the tv show introduce this super intense relationship between Louis and Lestat but the book makes them come off reading as a pair of pedophiles which I found deeply creepy and unpleasant. I don't know if that was done on purpose or by accident so that adds to the creep factor that you have to wonder what Anne Rice's original intent was.

Are you reading anything to get your Halloween vibes?

Comments

  1. I find Louis in IWTV to be desperate to hold on to his humanity but lose it in the end. I did find it creepy that these vampires act and did things humans would do but, drain people of their blood without any remorse.

    https://snapdragonalcoveblog.wordpress.com/2024/10/04/creepy-unpleasant-books-that-are-not-horror/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on Louis, that he wants to be human when he's not. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I keep thinking about watching and reading that, but I haven't so far! I'm not reading anything seasonal at the moment as I have a few Christmas Netgalley books to catch up on 🤣

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/10/04/book-blogger-hop-creepy-and-unpleasant-books/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really ready to think about christmas, its two months away and it means winter is here. and i'm really not ready to think about winter, lol. I hope you enjoy your books!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In