Everyone Should Read It.



It's Friday! 

Thank you for joining me for Book Beginnings on Fridays and Friday Book Blogger Hop.

Book Beginnings on Fridays is hosted by Rose City Reader. Share the opening sentence (or so) of the book you are reading this week. You can also share from a book that caught your fancy, even if you are not reading it right now.

"You can't kill the truth." Mira Grant, Feed 

I'm not reading Feed right now, but I loved the book when I read it and wanted to share the opening line for it. It starts with this ominous statement that completely sets the tone for the whole book, but at the same time the main characters are sarcastic, blasé young adults who keep the story from being too depressing. It's a political thriller with zombies.



Q : Can you suggest a book that you believe everyone should read at least once in their lifetime? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

A : The Call of the Wild by Jack London


Let me know what you think about today's quote and/or question down in the comments!


Comments

  1. Feed sounds very interesting and I like the first line.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/08/23/book-blogger-hop-books-that-everyone-should-read-once-in-their-lifetime/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I read that one...unless we only read a segment of it for a class. It's not ringing too many bells for me other than a familiarity of the title!

    Thanks for visiting my BBH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's considered a classic, but it can gee kind of rough at points which is why i think it isnt read more often.

      Delete
  3. A political thriller with zombies would make for an interesting read! Have a great weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't believe how many times I recommended it while I was reading it. It was awesome.

      Delete
  4. Feed is an amazing book. The ending absolutely gutted me! Have you read the rest of the series? It's so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did read the whole series! and I agree the first book had one of the most emotional and surprising endings I've ever read.

      Delete
  5. I have not read The Call Of The Wild. The cover for Feed is interesting. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In