Top Ten Sequels I Can't Wait To Get

My picks for the Tuesday Top Ten, as invented by The Broke and Bookish.

This week's theme is Top Ten Sequels I Can't Wait To Get My Hands On. My choices are a mixture of books that haven't been published yet, books that might be published, and books I can't currently afford without tossing my budget out the window.

1. Firstly, I'm waiting for the third, but currently unnamed book, in Felix J Palma's series of historical fiction. I know technically he never named an upcoming novel, but he did name his series "Trilogia Victoriana" and my Spanish is just good enough that I know the word "Trilogy" when I see it.

2.Another trilogy ender, that I have to wait for, Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. I'm told the final installment will be "The Doors of Stone." I want to know how Kvothe wound up an innkeeper and why Bast wants him out of retirement.

3.  Inferno by Dan Brown. Its out there, but right now I can't afford it. But I absolutely adore the Robert Langdon stories.

4. The Host sequel, by Stephenie Meyer. I read The Twilight Saga, enjoyed the idea of a modern day fairytale with vampires. Read The Host and was blown away by the visuals of a successful alien take over, and the desert home of the human survivors. And ever since The Host's release she's been teasing us with the idea of a sequel. The Soul, The Seeker...And just when she's made you think she scrapped the ideas, she hints that she's working on it. Is she or isn't she?

5. Hollow City, the sequel to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

6. From A Whisper to a Scream and 7. I'll Be Watching You, by Samuel Key aka Charles de Lint. Charles de Lint isn't a new author, but for me he's newly discovered. I bought a book by him a couple of years ago and everytime I'm in a bookstore I pick up a new one. I recently discovered that he wrote two installments of his Newford series, under the pseudonym Samuel Key, because they were horrors. I'm curious to see the difference between his magical realism and his horror...

8. The Twelve by Justin Cronin....I actually made the decision to wait on this one, so technically its a sequel I can wait to get...I do want to read, I just have to be in the mood for something post-apocalyptic.

9. A Winter Haunting by Dan Simmons, sequel to Summer of Night.

10. Enoch Primordial by Brian Godawa, because the first novel was so surprising.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In