The Sunday Post

 

Happy Sunday! 

The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. I will be posting on the first Sunday of every month and I hope you'll join me.

Summer is here and it's hot and I'm okay with that. I just spent my vacation at a lovely beach, I swam in the ocean and didn't get eaten by a shark but I did get sunburn everywhere the sunblock couldn't reach. 

I bought three books before heading off to the beach: Babel by R.F.Kuang, The City of Brass by SA Chakraborty, and The Abominable by Dan Simmons. I had a tough decision to make: which to read first. I started with Babel, and have found it surprising in its content. 

In June, I reviewed the following stories:
This month I finished reading Flyboy by Kasey LeBlanc, and already posted the review on the 1st. The books, Gone South by Robert McCammon and The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson, were both recommended to me by a family member so I've added those to my TBR list and will probably be reading them sooner rather than later. (Along with my earlier mentioned summer reading.)

I'm not going to lock myself in this time by telling you what I'm reviewing this month... I did that in my last Sunday Post and unlocked myself just as quickly, with Forging Silver into Stars and A Killing Cold taking the place of Dune and Salvage the Bones. But if I was making a list for this month, Babel is probably on it.

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer (and their weekend!)

Comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful vacation, besides the sunburn that is! I just added A Killing Cold to my TBR. I didn't know Marshall had a new book coming and I've enjoyed her in the past. It sounds so good! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never read her before, I was pleasantly surprised! I'll definitely read another book by her, next time I'm in the mood for a mystery.

      Delete
  2. Your vacation sounds wonderful! I enjoy visiting the ocean. It's not terribly far away but we rarely go. I recently picked up a copy of The City of Brass too and am looking forward to reading it. I have Babel on my TBR shelf. I hope you are finding it surprising in a good way. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very surprising in a good way, but i fear my review was a bit lackluster. thank you for visiting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In