Friday Book Blog Hop

Q: Do you have a favorite novel that captures the enchantment of summer nights or has unforgettable moments set under the stars? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

A: I don't know if these are odd choices, but two horror novels come to mind. Dan Simmons' Summer of Night, and John Ajvide Lindqvist's Handling the Undead. Handling the Undead features a heatwave in its setting, you can feel the sweat dripping down your skin as you read. Summer of Night features kids in what should be a time of innocence: playing baseball under the sun, staying out until the streetlights come on...

Comments

  1. I haven't read either of those as I don't horror novels. But I do remember as a kid playing outside until the streetlight came on. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't sound like light reading, but I think it definitely fits the unforgettable summer nights theme in a very different way! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In