Friday Book Blog Hop


Q: July is a month for getaways and adventure. What is your favorite book that takes the reader on an exciting journey or transfers them to a captivating destination? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)


A: For exciting adventures, you can't go wrong with fantasy and sci-fi, they're all about adventure. I'd recommend Christopher Paolini who has written for both categories, with a high-fantasy trilogy, The Inheritance Cycle, and his space opera To Sleep in a Sea of Stars. I could name a hundred fantasy and sci-fi novels worth the read but if that is not your cup of tea, I quite enjoyed The Terror by Dan Simmons which took me on a frightening ride through the Arctic Circle, and Life of Pi by Yann Martel, a slightly more general fic, which gave me an adventure on the high seas. If mystery is what you're after then I'd recommend The Da Vinci Code or Norwegian by Night, by Dan Brown and Derek B Miller, respectively.

I can't really name just one favorite, my blog is all about adventure through literature. (Says so right there in my blog description!)

Comments

  1. Ooh nice! I have to say that the majority of these are all new to me ones. I think I read The Da Vinci Code for a class some years ago, but the rest are mostly newly to me! Except I know of Life of Pi!

    Thanks for visiting my BBH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's very few mysteries that I reread, but The Da Vinci Code was one of them.

      Delete
  2. I love the direction you took with this post! I don't read very much sci-fi, but I did enjoy Andy Weird books (The Martian and Project Hail Mary) and I considered talking about them if I hadn't gone with travel books! I loved The Da Vinci Code when I read it years ago, so I'm adding Norwegian by Night to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Andy Weir yet, but he's been on my TBR for awhile. I loved the movie so I assume the book was better.

      Delete
  3. I really enjoy Christopher Paolini's books, and yeah, sci fi and fantasy are very good adventures! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In