The Sunday Post

 


 Happy Sunday!

Welcome to my Sunday Post, a weekly blog news meme hosted by caffeinatedbookreviewer. My blog is on the small side, so I decided I'll only be posting the first Sunday of each month and I hope you'll join me.

The month of February has been eventful. I've had some wild weather in my neck of the woods: real feel listed as 11 degrees one day, switching to 60s and endless rain, and then to dry windstorms that brought trees down. I successfully managed not to freeze, drown, or fly. I became an aunt to a beautiful niece, who just narrowly escaped being a leap year baby, and I'm pretty excited about her arrival. My Kindle Touch was finally lost to the ravages of time but was replaced swiftly with a Kindle Paperwhite. I also reviewed the following stories:
I originally planned to review The Conference of Birds in February, but there was a scheduling change when I received an ARC of What Feasts at Night by T.Kingfisher. I tend to push ARCs to the head of the list out of respect for the authors and publishers who generously make those available. So TCoB will be the first review of March.

This month I plan to review:
  • The Conference of Birds by Ransom Riggs
  • Salem's Cipher by Jess Lourey (3/26/24 release date)
  • The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie
  • Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey
But not necessarily in that order.

Salem's Cipher is to be released on 3/26/24 and, although I haven't gotten very far into it yet, it hooks the reader immediately with a gruesome murder in an apartment building where a tenant five pages earlier is seen unlocking and relocking a door with 4 deadbolts. Four deadbolts? If you need four deadbolts to secure your door, on top of the original lock that came installed on the knob, you might be living in a bad neighborhood. But maybe that's just me.

I've just re-read Call of the Wild by Jack London because it will be my C-entry for April's A-Z Challenge should I participate, which is looking likely. I've also added to the list of re-reads Eragon by Christopher Paolini which gives me an entry for E. I want to read his newest book Murtagh, but it has been so long since I've read the original series, I wanted to refresh my memory. That just leaves me looking for a book for Q and reading it before April.

And I think that's everything.

What's new with you?

Comments

  1. I'm coming back down slowly, after a trip ou8t west to warm weather. Here it's cold, so....

    Enjoying K-dramas on Netflix and reading arcs on NG. Have a good week.

    Harvee at https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A trip to warmer weather sounds divine. thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. That's some wild weather! What we had of winter in my area is truly over and Florida has decided it's spring. Mid-70's all last week. Ugh. Congrats on the arrival of your niece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring here is fickle. it doesnt rush in all at once. it has to think about whether or not it wants to be here...

      Delete
  3. We've had some wild weather too! Are you in California? We're in Northern California and it sounds like you had really similar weather. Stay warm and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I'm across the country from you, I'm in New England!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on being an aunt! :D I'm glad she missed being a leap year baby, but I guess it would've been fine.

    The weather in my neck of the woods has been yo-yoing as well. Hopefully, it makes up its mind soon and decides that spring is what it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s just endlessly hot and humid here. I hope your weather settles soon.
    Congratulations on the birth of your niece

    Wishing you a happy reading week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those crazy changes in the weather sound simply exhausting and not very good for your health! Congratulations on becoming an aunt - it's huge fun as you can always hand them back when they get tired/cranky/grubby. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly leaves me guessing which coat I need for work in the morning. you have a great week too

      Delete
  7. Its been so long since I read Eragon too.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read best on my Paperwhite, not distractions as I have with the Kindle Fire. Enjoy your new ereader.

    Harvee at https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com/2024/03/sunday-salon-social-influencers-in.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List