I read mostly fiction, a little bit from every genre. I hope you'll join me as I get lost in my next adventure!
Quotable Thursday
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
"Worrying about another man's motives was a sure way to drive yourself crazy in this business. All you could complete your own mission." Jess Lourey, Salem's Cipher.
Valentine's Day approaches! And I have a confession: I don't really care. I don't mean that to be facetious but the reality is I haven't got much of a romantic bone in my body. I actually like the day after Valentine's a little better, because I can buy chocolate at next to nothing because it was all poured into a heartshaped mold that stopped being relevant the moment the clock hit midnight. Given all that, it probably won't come as a shock to you that I don't read a lot of romance novels, and when I do, it's not usually the romantic elements that made me pick it up in the first place. My GoodReads 'Romance' shelf list 27 books in all, and some of them are sequels so I'm not sure they count. Because picking up romance is such a rarity for me, and it is Valentine's Day (almost), I decided my list today should be Top Ten Romantic Books & Why I Read Them . (hosted by ThatArtsyReaderGirl ) 1. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I like vampire...
Today's topic for Tuesday Top Ten hosted by ThatArtsyReaderGirl is officially listed as the Oldest (aka Earliest Published) Books On My TBR (submitted by Nicole @ BookWyrm Knits) . The reality is I don't know and my TBR list is so big I couldn't possibly sort through them all to find out. So this Tuesday, I'm doing Books with Red on the Cover. 1. Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben 2. Elphie: A Wicked Childhood by Gregory Maguire 3. Gone South by Robert McCammon 4. What Feasts at Night by T. Kingfisher 5. A Vow So Bold and Deadly by Brigid Kemmerer 6. Plain Bad Heroines by Emily M. Danforth 7.Devolution by Max Brooks 8. Vicious by V.E. Schwab 9. NOS4A2 by Joe Hill 10. Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
Today's Top Ten Tuesday list is Books I Enjoyed that Were Outside My Comfort Zone (or books you’d like to read that are outside your comfort zone!) . I don't step outside my comfort zone often so I didn't have ten titles that I've already read to give you. Instead I decided to split my list between books I have enjoyed that were outside my comfort zone, and books I haven't read yet that are going to be outside my comfort zone whenever I get around to them. These are my top 5 books I liked that were outside my comfort zone: 1. Red White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston – Romance isn’t really my thing, and I don’t try to hide it, and I don’t hesitate to call out books when romance is inserted for seemingly no reason at all… So it was odd that I picked up a romance novel (and even watched itits movie) but I did and found it to be kind of cute. 2. Quiet Dell by Jayne Anne Phillips – This is a weird one, I picked from the library because I needed a Q entry for ...
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!