Looking Back and Looking Ahead

Looking Back at 2023

Happy New Year! 

In 2023, I challenged myself to 12 books, determined to make time for at least one book a month.  It's not a flashy number, but I was pretty excited to see myself surpass it by three, reading 15 instead of 12. Overall, I read 6,656 pages in 2023.


My second goal was to cut back on impulse buys and read something off my to-be-read list. Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaimen was a book I was inspired to re-read after watching the adaptation of the same name. The City Where We Once Lived by Eric Barnes, being my only impulse buy of the year, was also my shortest book. Everything else I read in 2023 was either sitting unread on a physical shelf, or sitting on Good Reads TBR shelf.

My Favorite Book of 2023 was A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, if you haven't read it I recommend that you do. 

My Worst Read of the year was Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. I don't want to say it wasn't a good book, because it hits a lot of my standards of what it means to be a good book but there was an underlying theme that I found inappropriate, atleast for myself.

My first review of the year was a solitary, lackluster sentence for Vengeful by VE Schwab which I felt didn't live up to its prequel. My last review was written for Wanderers by Chuck Wendig which was also my longest book of 2023.


Looking Ahead to 2024

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
QuietIdea has read 0 books toward her goal of 12 books.
hide

Ok, still not flashy, I'm challenging myself to another 12 books. I'm also setting side goals of 1. Reading only from my TBR List, except for when 2. I will follow up on previously started series and 3. if I have to reread some of the prequels to the sequels I may...If it all goes according to the plan, which it never does, I might actually read more than twelve, based on the moderate ambition of my three goals.

My first book of 2024 was Leviathon Wakes by James SA Corey. It was really good.

How was your New Years Eve? Did you set any goals or resolutions for 2024?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List