Book Beginnings/Book Blogger Hop


Book Beginnings on Fridays by Rose City Reader -  Share the opening sentence (or so) of the book you are reading this week. You can also share from a book that caught your fancy, even if you are not reading it right now.

"Richard Strickland reads the brief from General Hoyt. He's at eleven thousand feet. The twin-prop taking hits as hard as a boxer's fists."

This is one of my top ten favorite movies of all time. And while I don't remember what came first the movie or the book, either way it's great. If you've never heard of Guillermo del Toro's The Shape of Water, it's a sci-fi/fantasy/romance about a mute woman who falls in love with a thing that's essentially The Creature from the Black Lagoon.

 Q: Do you like to annotate your books or leave them untouched? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

A: I leave them untouched and take notes in a separate notebook.

Comments

  1. I thought that the movie was good. We have it on DVD somewhere 🤣

    All my books are pristine.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/11/15/book-blogger-hop-do-you-like-to-annotate-your-books-or-leave-them-untouched/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's impressive that you can keep them in such nice condition!

      Delete
  2. Same! I'll copy down quotes I enjoyed in a notebook and other notes in other notebooks for my review writing!

    Thanks for visiting my BBH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the movie and it was really good. I'm the same way you are - I don't write in the books. I'll write notes for reviews in a separate notebook.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't write in my books either although there are a few exceptions. I haven't made notes in a notebook but that is a good idea. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote on a couple of textbooks in middle school but that was it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Books with Red on the Cover

Top Ten Books Set in Snowy Places

Top Ten Romantic Books & Why I Read Them