Book Beginnings & Book Blog Hop

Book Beginnings on Fridays by Rose City Reader -  Share the opening sentence (or so) of the book you are reading this week. You can also share from a book that caught your fancy, even if you are not reading it right now.

"Kell wore a very peculiar coat. It had neither one side, which would be conventional, nor two, which would be unexpected, but several, which was, of course, impossible." A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab

So I quite loved this series and am rereading it to break out of a reading slump. I think it was better than The Villians duology which was also quite lovable, and way better than The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue which was however enjoyable, a little overrated (unpopular opinion). And the fact that I'm using it to break out of a reading slump makes today's Book Blogger Hop question very well timed. 

Q: How do you deal with reading slumps or moments when you can't get into a book? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

A: Honestly I just take a break from it. Usually reading slumps are synonymous with burn-out which is your mind's way of saying you've over done. When I get burnt-out, I stop. When the urge to read reappears I ease back into reading by rereading a book I already know I enjoy. 

Comments

  1. I agree with you, sometimes it's best to take a complete break from reading and then wait for the desire to return. It always does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The need to read does comeback with a vegenace, when it's ready.

      Delete
  2. That is a good plan to assist getting out of a reading slump. I've been reading novellas all month and have found them so refreshing since one can breeze through them in a day or two. Come on over to my post and add to the Friday fun with the Friday56 quotes. https://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com/2024/11/review-women-in-castle-friday56-linkup.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I'll do short stories, as a break between books. but for me, that's more of a preventative measure against slumps.

      Delete
  3. I do the same as well. I tend to take a break from reading until I have more time to read again.

    My Book Blogger Hop Post: https://rabbitearsbookblog.blogspot.com/2024/11/book-blogger-hop-59-dealing-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't ever take a break from reading or find myself in a reading slump. I have plenty of good books to read. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good advice.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/11/29/book-blogger-hop-how-do-you-deal-with-a-reading-slump/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great advice for being burnt out! This book has been on my TBR list for way too long. It sounds really good. Hope you have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Books with Red on the Cover

Top Ten Books Set in Snowy Places

Top Ten Romantic Books & Why I Read Them