The Sunday Post


Hello and happy Sunday!

The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. I will be posting on the first Sunday of each month.

Firstly, I am happy to announce that Spring has finally arrived in my neck of the woods (just in time for Summer). I thought it was going to be cold forever. The sun has come out on multiple occasions and I've even been able to wear a couple of short sleeved Ts.

My reading for the month of May was light, both in quantity and subject matter. Rakkety Tam by Brian Jacques, a children's novel, was the first book in my hands at the start of May. The last book in my hands during May was The Unidentified by Colin Dickey.

I reviewed the following stories:
  • Rakkety Tam by Brian Jacques
  • Dune by Frank Herbert
  • The Unidentified by Colin Dickey
  • Salvage the Bones by Jesmyn Ward
My reviews for Dune and Salvage the Bones will be really short which is opposite of what I normally do, but I think I was a little burned out at the time I wrote them. I put in requests for three books on NetGalley was rejected by one, still waiting on a response from another, and already approved for the third,  A Killing Cold by Kate Alice Marshall. A Killing Cold is a mystery, if you can't tell by the title, and will be my first read of June. Depending on when I finish it, I'll bump it up the list of  To Be Reviewed in June. (I can't believe June is already here!)

In the words of Looney Tunes, "That's all folks!"

Comments

  1. I have dune on my shelf i picked it up on a whim and have not read it yet but maybe someday. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Killing Cold sounds good. I'm adding it to my books to remember list. A February release date seems so far away!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

E = Easy on the Eyes