The Sunday Post

Good afternoon!

This is my first ever Sunday Post, a weekly blog news meme hosted by caffeinatedreviewer. I probably don't have enough content to post every Sunday, but I hope if you are following me, you'll appreciate the attempt.

It's a beautiful day today, not a cloud in the sky and a sweltering 32 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm about to put on my thermals and go out for some fresh air.

If you've been following me you probably know that I started reading Training Strategies for Dressage Riders by Charles de Kunffy, like three years ago. I picked it up and put it down every time I needed a break from fiction. I don't really know if it's good to admit it took three years to finish a book, but there it is.

 I've had an ambitious start to 2024, reading three books right off the bat, although I'm counting the aforementioned dressage manual as one of the three (is that cheating?). I've also already managed one book this February. So I've got reviews coming up for:

1. Training Strategies for Dressage Riders by Charles de Kunffy 

2. Leviathan Wakes by James SA Corey, 

3. Running Grave by Robert Galbraith

4.The Conference of Birds by Ransom Riggs

I'll also be posting reviews for Lethal White and Troubled Blood by Robert Galbraith, although The Ink Black Heart won't be posted because it already is. And since I'm on a RG kick, I'm planning to review the tv adaptation for you.

My upcoming reads in February are going to include two ARCs, one What Feasts at Night by T.Kingfisher and the other is Salem's Cipher by Jess Lourey as soon as I'm done with The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie. I don't know if I'll have time to read more than the two ARCs, but we'll see. I was also hoping to re-read Call of the Wild by Jack London and Eragon by Chris Paolini, but hitting four books in less than a month seemed overly ambitious for the time I actually have available to me. March maybe?

On the list of things I'm hoping for, I'm hoping to make time for the a-to-z challenge in April this year. I participated back in 2015 and wanted to go again. I'm trying to decide between posting A-Z subjects or A-Z book reviews... I'm leaning toward book reviews but it's all up in the air right now.

I hope you have time to join me Monday for my review of Lethal White, and I wish you all a wonderful week.

Comments

  1. Welcome! Lots of folks post & link-up bi-weekly and monthly, so do what works for you. Good luck with the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I'm thinking i might try to aim for monthly, seems more doable for the size of my blog.

      Delete
  2. And here I am complaining I'm cold when it's much colder where you are. :-) I really want to read What Feasts at Night and hope you enjoy it. I haven't read anything by T.Kingfisher before. I've been wanting to though. I hope you have a great week and enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What Moves the Dead was awesome. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. Welcome to The Sunday Post! Congrats on finishing the Dressage book. Sometimes it takes me months to finish a book. I probably wouldn't have the patience to keep reading one that took years to finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually was a very good book, I'm just not much of a nonfiction reader. I read a few pages here and there.

      Delete
  4. Welcome and hellooooooooooooo! Do you own a horse? Do you ride dressage???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I do have a horse! i used to do dressage and trail, but she's retired to light pleasure riding now. i only ever did low level stuff, but someday i'd like to put in the time and work to train higher.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List