The Sunday Post

 

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you are all having a great weekend!

The Sunday Post is a news meme created by CaffeinatedReviewer. I'm also linking up with Sunday Salon at ReaderBuzz. I will be posting on the first Sunday of each month and I hope you'll join me.

The month of August has been beautiful, mostly. Not too hot with cool nights signaling summer’s end drawing near. And even though I love the fall, I’m always sad to see summer go.

My blog became a bit stale in August. I did one review and it was my only post:

I’m blaming the book I’m currently reading: The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker. The writing is beautiful but the plot is a slogfest as nothing is happening and the characters appear to be going nowhere in a hurry. I hate to DNF a second book this year, having already bailed out on Hidden Pictures, but if the point of this book doesn’t materialize soon I’ll have to move on to something else. It’s not as though I have nothing else to read. There's always more to read.


But it leads to an important question: How do you know when it is time to quit a book?


Comments

  1. I will read anything up to 20% of a book - sometimes a lot less if it's badly written or the subject matter is not what I expected. But if it's turned into a trudge, then I DNF it. I have far too many wonderful books waiting to be read to waste my time slogging through something that has become a chore:). Have a great week:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The older I’ve gotten, the more impatient I’ve become with books that aren’t working for me. I have no regrets about DNFing a book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, we are complete opposites in reading taste! I loved Golem (4 stars) and loved Hidden Pictures even more (5 stars). I do a lot of DNF-ing though, sometimes immediately and sometimes up to 30%. If I am past that, I will finish even if annoyed. The last book I abandoned was Sense and Sensibility, which I tried to read due to the movie coming out, but it was so boring I couldn’t stand it 😜

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually know in the first 5 minutes of a book if it's a DNF or a NRN (not right now).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to give every book at least 100 pages and many times this has gotten me far enough to want to finish the story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Books with Red on the Cover

Top Ten Romantic Books & Why I Read Them

Top Ten Books Set in Snowy Places