Friday Book Beginnings and Book Blog Hop

Book Beginnings on Fridays by Rose City Reader -  Share the opening sentence (or so) of the book you are reading this week. You can also share from a book that caught your fancy, even if you are not reading it right now.

"A few years back I was running out of money so I volunteered for a research study at the University of Pennsylvania." Hidden Pictures by Jason Rekulak

I can't say the first line wowed me, but it did stoke my curiosity... What kind of research study? This book didn't wait long to reveal a complex character and creepy vibes.

Q:   How many books did you read in 2025? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

A:   I read 20 books in 2025. Which doesn't sound like a lot when some book bloggers are reading several hundred a year, but for me and the small amount of time I have to read, it is a lot. Plus, I only challenged myself to 12, so I'm proud of the number.

Comments

  1. I read around work, life, and blogging. Some years are 40, some years are 70 — this year landed in the middle, which I’m happy with. What matters more to me is: did I enjoy what I read, did I discover new authors, and did I keep my blog active? (Yes, yes, and yes.) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Work takes up so much amount of time lol. i agree enjoyment is a key element, and I try to keep the blog as active as possible, although this december i didn't post any reviews, christmas prep kept me away from my book.

      Delete
  2. Oh very nice! I like to set manageable goals myself that way I can try to surpass it easily enough! I used to hit triple digits, but nowhere near as many as others still. Plus I still review every book I read and I know some of these others don't. So I guess there's that too!

    Thanks for visiting my BBH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My GR said 55 but take the graphic novels and manga out I read 22 books. I think most people read around 20 in a year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about this book! Thanks for sharing! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Books with Red on the Cover

Top Ten Books Set in Snowy Places

Top Ten Romantic Books & Why I Read Them