A-Z 2025 Reflections

Reflecions 2025 #AtoZChallenge

I'm late to the party with my Reflections this year; to be honest, I totally forgot about it.

Last year, I had expressed a bit of dissatisfaction with my A-Z experience. While I had found some great blogs to follow, the traffic to my own blog hadn't really increased to make the effort worth my time. I wasn't sure I was even going to bother this year.

But this year I did participate in the blogging challenge and was surprised to find that I did have an increase in traffic (woohoo). I'm not blind, I can see I'm a small fish in a big pond, but sometimes it's nice to meet new people.

For some reason, I'm not quite sure why, I recommended a lot of dark or scary books even though I'm not predominantly a horror reader. I went through my GoodReads list and randomly picked books in alphabetical order, and coincidentally I had a few that shared vibes. I also posted nonfiction, sci-fi, and fantasy, and one book that somehow straddled the line between true-crime and fiction.

And like last year, I found some excellent new blogs to follow.

Overall, I found this year to be a positive experience and am already considering a topic for next year. I don't think I'll do book reviews again though, maybe instead bookish topics.

And if you are stopping by for the first time and curious about what books I shared, I have a complete list here: A-Z 2025 Book Reviews.


Comments

  1. I am definitely a small fish in the big pond blog world and that's okay with me. I am very happy that I don't need to make money from writing a blog. I do the A-Z challenge to post more and to meet people. Every time I do it, I pick up a new blog friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blog for money either, which is good because I don't think I would make any, lol. I do wonder how so many bloggers wind up with 1000s of followers though. I tried promoting on pintrest,twitter,blogluvin...with no results.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Books with Red on the Cover

Top Ten Books Set in Snowy Places

Top Ten Romantic Books & Why I Read Them