Friday Book Beginnings & Book Blogger Hop

Book Beginnings on Fridays by Rose City Reader - Share the opening sentence (or so) of the book you are reading this week. You can also share from a book that caught your fancy, even if you are not reading it right now.


"I was beginning to believe that I was never going to see a horse capture the Triple Crown." American Pharoah by Joe Drape

This is the first sentence from the author's note at the beginning of the book, and I'm in total agreement. I wasn't even alive in 1978 when Affirmed claimed the title. I was beginning to think it couldn't be done.

Q: Have you ever read a Nicholas Sparks romance novel? If so, what is your opinion on his endings? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

A: No, I haven't read anything by Nicholas Sparks as I don't read a lot of romance.

Comments

  1. American Pharoah sounds interesting. I've never really followed horse racing so am not sure I would pick it up to read, but I hope you are enjoying it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it a lot; I can still hear the announcer calling the race, so its interesting to see what got AP there.

      Delete
  2. Every once in a while I take a peek at horse racing but most of the time I don't pay too much attention. How do you think this book would suit me? -Anne@Headfullof books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're looking for more information on horse racing without getting bogged down in an info dump, it does reference a lot of information about the racing industry, plus notable champions both historic and modern... For me it's reading as a feel-good story, with the exception of maybe the first chapter which details the breeding industry a little too closely, I think there's a lot of things to like about this book. Plus, as a racing fan I do feel like the first horse in 37 years to win the Triple Crown is worth remembering. so if you're looking for a hero story you might like it.

      Delete
  3. I've never really paid a lot of attention to horse racing, but I have heard of American Pharoah. I never knew there was a book about him. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of Nicholas Sparks books although I have some on my shelves. I have seen a few of the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I only read my one back in my youth when I didn't have enough paranormal books to read and was resorted to read the occasional contemporary book. I call those the dark days!

    Thanks for visiting my BBH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Horse racing is a topic that fascinates me; so much that I have collected some of artist Fred Stone's prints of the Kentucky Derby winners. And now I am going to need to add this to my TBR list because what a great story American Pharoah is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have watch tons of horse racing movies but, never read any horse racing books. American Pharoah sound like an interesting read.

    https://snapdragonalcoveblog.wordpress.com/2025/02/14/how-do-i-read-book-series/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never read a Nicholas Sparks novel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Books with Red on the Cover

Top Ten Books Set in Snowy Places

Top Ten Romantic Books & Why I Read Them