Book Beginnings on Friday & Friday Book Blog Hop


Book Beginnings on Fridays by Rose City Reader -  Share the opening sentence (or so) of the book you are reading this week. You can also share from a book that caught your fancy, even if you are not reading it right now.

"Delilah Bard-always a thief, recently a magician, and one day, hopefully, a pirate-was running as fast as she could." A Conjuring of Light by VE Schwab

I'm on the final installment of the Shades of Magic trilogy, and it's still the rollercoaster ride I remembered. But I think the rereads did break my reading slump, as I'm already planning my first books to read for 2025. I recommend this trilogy, if fantasy is your thing, it's a lot of fun.

Q: Do you have any reading goals for the new year? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

A: I always set a goal of 12 books to read in the new year, and usually read more (sometimes less). This year I'm adding a secondary goal of reading at least 6 books off my current TBR list because I'm sure you know, that's a list gets bigger every year.

Comments

  1. My TBR pile is huge. I need to try and read some of those books!

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/12/27/book-blogger-hop-reading-goals-for-2025/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice! I try to make manageable goals for myself as well! I can usually surpass them but I never like to get over the top and go higher each year. Lol. I used to read more when I had jobs where I didn't do anything. While I miss reading that much, I must admit I do like having more to do at work...even if it means less reading time! Lol. I keep trying to read more from my TBR pile as well and I feel like I did pretty good at that this year! Hopefully I can do more of the same next year!

    Thanks for visiting my BBH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like being busy at work too, makes the day go by so much faster.

      Delete
  3. That is a good goal to read for the year. I agree the TBR list is always growing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great first line! Good luck in breaking your slump and pressing onward and upward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a slew of nonfiction and mystery to read, and I'm hoping to get a copy of Fourth Wing....

      Delete
  5. Yeah, I love that series, and I really enjoyed the newest one, I think we might be getting more than just the that are currently out. And sounds like a good goal, a book a month! And yeah, that list never seems to actually go down. Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can believe that we might get more, it seems like a world that would be hard to let go of.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Books with Red on the Cover

Top Ten Books Set in Snowy Places

Top Ten Romantic Books & Why I Read Them