The Sunday Post

Happy Sunday!

The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted byCaffeinated Reviewer. I will be posting on the first Sunday of every month and I hope you'll join me.

August is over already :-( And this year's August had October's weather so it really felt like summer was on its way out. Don't get me wrong, I like winter well enough. I can always add more layers unlike when it's hot and I'm only legally allowed to take off so much... But still, I always miss my short-sleeved Ts and feeling the heat on my skin.

It was a slow reading month for me again. It felt like it took me forever to get through The Abominable, and yet I flew through City of Brass with wild abandon. It was such a slow month that I didn't even have a review to post for the 5th of August. I've been shirking my reading for more active outdoor activities while the weather is nice.

I picked up a ton of new books this month. I recieved two ARCs: Elphie by Gregory Maguire (one of my favorite authors) and Black Woods, Blue Sky by Eowyn Ivey, author of The Snow Child. I also picked up both sequels to The City of Brass (which tells you how I felt about the first book). Then a friend of mine brought me a bag of her old mystery novels, and now it's not four, it's more like twenty-four. Long story short, I'm going to be busy.

The books I reviewed in August were:
I've also joined a new blog hop called Book Beginnings on Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader - where you share the opening sentence or two of a book, and I'll be combining that into my Friday Book Blog Hop posts (hosted by CoffeeAddictedWriter) where you answer bookish questions every Friday. I won't be participating in the Friday Book Blog Hop these next two weeks because the questions don't really have answers on my end.

Do you belong to any blog hops? What are you reading today? 

Comments

  1. Off to read your reviews.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed The Heart-Shaped Box but I haven't read the other books you mentioned. I totally get not having answers to questions in the prompts. I've been wanting to do blog hops but sometimes it's so hard for me to think about the answers too. Maybe I'll look into some of them for next time. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blog hops have their pros and cons. they generate more traffic but they don't necessarily generate more followers. it's kind of fun to see other opinions and what other people are blogging about...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In