The Start


Book Beginnings on Fridays by Rose City Reader -  Share the opening sentence (or so) of the book you are reading this week. You can also share from a book that caught your fancy, even if you are not reading it right now.

"Let's start with the end of the world, why don't we? Get it over with and move on to more interesting things." The Fifth Season (The Broken Earth trilogy) by NK Jemisin

I loved the start of this book. Maybe sarcastic, maybe jaded... could be, based on the events that follow, angry. After all, what could be more interesting than the end of the world? And shortly after, N.K. Jemisin delivers. 

Q: September is Library Card Sign-Up Month. What role have libraries played in your reading journey? Do you have any recommendations for books or fond recollections involving libraries? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

A: I don't remember how old I was when I got my first library card but I remember my mom taking me there every other week with a tote bag. I'd asked the librarian how many I was allowed to take out. I filled my bag, went home and read them, and exchanged them for another tote bag of books long before the first set were due. There was a book called The Sight by David Clement Davies that I took out multiple times. It was a fantasy about wolves; Larka, a white wolf born with The Sight and her pack is at war with her evil aunt and her pack. I thought it was the best book in the world.

What was your favorite book from the library? What are you reading now?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In