Friday Book Blogger Hop

15th - 21st - Do you listen to audiobooks? If so, do you prefer listening instead of reading? (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)

I almost never listen to audiobooks. I like the idea of them, but I lack the attention span. What should be enjoyable story time is really just white-noise to my ears.

I absolutely prefer reading. I like being able to put the story together in my head, visualize the place, the time, the people. If a story is really well written, I like being able to stop intermittently and think about what I just read and why the author felt compelled to write it. I want to savor each word like freshly baked cookies.

Which do you prefer?

Comments

  1. First of all, thank you so much for stopping by my blog. 😀

    I listen when I walk. It is difficult to concentrate when listening to books, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I wonder if it's a left-brain right-brain thing? Like the difference between mathematicians and wordsmiths.

      Delete
    2. 😊- Perhaps!!! I am definitely not on the mathematical end. 😊

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I have trouble with audiobooks, but I'm listening to them when I wouldn't normal be getting any reading it, so I love that! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I'm listening to them when I wouldn't normal be getting any reading it..." that is a plus-side.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In