Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't


My picks for the Tuesday Top Ten, as invented by The Broke and Bookish. This week's theme is Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't.

 Year Zero by Rob Reid. -- It wasn't as funny as promised...But it's good light reading.

 Whitechapel Gods by SM Peters. -- Beautiful cover, disappointing writing.

Uglies by Scott Westerfield. -- Full of cliches.

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. -- Sad and dry, not really my thing.

The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman. -- I just didn't like the unhappy turn.

 The Meaning of Night by Micheal Cox. -- Starts good, long book full of irrelevant-to-plot events, takes too long to get to the point.

 Mirror Mirror by Gregory Maguire. --The story is disconnected from the characters.

 Lord of Misrule by Jaimy Gordon. -- I actually enjoyed this by the end, but the story was written from a barely literate black man's POV which made starting the book difficult.

Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris. -- My first and last CH novel. The plot was decent, but I didn't enjoy the writing style. 

Last Stop This Town by David H Steinberg. -- Poorly written, rip-off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List