Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry

My picks for the Tuesday Top Ten, as invented by The Broke and Bookish. Today's theme is: Books to make you cry...I actually make it habit to stay away from books like that, but occasionally they sneak into my reading list.

1.Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls. I made my feelings about this book known in an earlier list, but in case you missed it...do not read it if you like dogs.

2. Enders Game by Orson Scott Card. The ending...How could anyone stand it?

3. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. This book ended on a happy note, but there were some tough moments mixed in.

4. The Red Pony by John Steinbeck. Don't read if you're particularly fond of horses!

5. The Children of Hurin by JRR Tolkien. This book was tragic from start to finish and I loved it anyways. Partly because it's Tolkien, partly because it was written in such a way that the reader knew ahead of time that this story was meant to be sad.

6. The Broken Kingdoms by NK Jemisin. Great book. Surprisingly sad ending. I'm working up the courage to read another one in the series.

7. Wesley the Owl by Stacey O'Brien. This was a memoir about a biologist adopting a baby owl. I wouldn't say this was sad, but definitely emotional.

8. Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. One of my favorite tear-jerkers of all time.

9. San Domingo by Marguerite Henry. Sad things happen to a boy and his horse. 

10. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. I'm sure many people know this book, but just incase, this is about rape victim in high school.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List