This list/post was inspired by the Top Ten Tuesday list, The Broke and Bookish had scheduled for today. This week's theme was supposed to be: Goals/Resolutions For 2014 (bookish, not bookish or a blend). I've taken a few liberties with the list today.
Facebook now has a feature that tries to display what it thinks the highlights of my year were...It always pisses me off when Facebook just assumes stuff on my behalf. I mean, who does it think it is? I can leave it any time, right? But it did make me think about the highlights of my year and what I thought they were. So here is a list of my most memorable moments of 2013!
- In May I brought home 5 orphaned bunnies and kept three, Lady B, Sprout and Moon.
- In June, I graduated from college and later I threw out my back.
- Throwing out my back turned out to be a good thing, because it was shortly after in July, I started this blog! And I have 11 followers that I know of, 8 here on Blogger, 3 on Bloglovin.
- In August, I solidified my decision, that after getting a job, my first purchase would not be a car, like a responsible adult would choose, but a horse because let's face it, a horse would make me way happier...
- In December I did all my Christmas shopping and wrapping early...First time I ever did that.
- And I finished my 2013 GR Reading Challenge; I challenged myself to read 30 books and I wound up reading 33!
It's always good to look back at your highlights; remember the good things and how they made you feel because its easy to get caught up in the bad. But it's also inspiration for the future to consider what you want your next highlights to be. And do you know what I want next year?
- I want to lose ten pounds so my pants stop trying to strangle me.
- I want to get a job so I can get that horse.
- I want to read 30 more books.
- I want to write a book of my own.