Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind from Santa

My picks for the Tuesday Top Ten, as invented by The Broke and Bookish. Today's theme is Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me. I struggled for this one. One could reasonably say, "Well, wouldn't the books on the Dec 3 and Dec 10 lists also be qualified for this list?" And why are so many lists revolving around books we don't yet have? But then I thought about how many books I have downloaded on my kindle, unread and unrated and it occurred to me: No matter how many books you want to read, there is always those books you just have to have a physical copy of... So which books on my To-Read list, do I want to physically feel in my hands, smell the new-book-smell, and lovingly peel each page back...?
  1. Hollow City by Ransom Riggs-- Though I don't think its going to be released in time for Xmas, but if I win a ARC copy it'll be a Christmas miracle!
  2. Inferno by Dan Brown--I just got this on kindle, but I have his 3 other Robert Langdon books and the OCD in me won't let me have an incomplete collection on my shelves!
  3. Dog Shaming by Pascale Lemire--I'm pretty sure its a book made up of photographs.
  4. Watership Down by Richard Adams--As I've discovered with Fitzgerald debacle the only way to read a piece of classic lit, is in a hard copy. I will never get over the trauma as long as I live.
  5. Red-Tails in Love: PALE MALE'S STORY--A True Wildlife Drama in Central Park by Marie Winn --I like to get animal books in hard copy; the friends I'm most likely to share books with are the ladies I ride horses with; animal lovers as well as book lovers...
  6. The Horse God Built by Lawrence Scanlan--Story of Secretariat and Secretariat's groom.
  7. Crazy Good: The True Story of Dan Patch, the Most Famous Horse in America by Charles Leerhsen--Even as I want it for myself, I've considered getting it for my mother, lol. I love Thoroughbred, but she loves Pacers!
  8. Grumpy Cat: A Grumpy Book by Grumpy Cat--I don't know that I believe Grumpy Cat really wrote the book...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List