Quotable Thursday

I stuck with Providence and I found myself starting to enjoy it. It's a slow story and it get's a little preachy, but it's pretty good, so you're getting two quotes today instead of one.
"Arthur Reed had been selling my book for five months-- and taking 50 percent of the proceeds from retailers even before I'd agreed to write it. Arthur could aggressive, certainly ambitious but this seemed out of character."
and
"Facts are two dimensional. They can't describe depth or intensity, or mystery; and that is, of course, where all the action is. Where the story lies. LIfe is what happens when the skies roll dark and the daylight burns away."
I can't help but notice, all the things I highlight haven't been recorded as having been highlighted before... And the passages labeled as frequent reader favorites, mean next to nothing to me. Is it because this was intended for a reader with more Faith than I possess? Or because the people reading have a sudden need for Faith? It's always interesting to see what other people thought was important and how it compares with what you personally find important.

Quotable Thursday originally brought to you by Bookshelf Fantasies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List