Ranting About A Hack Job


The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Other Tales from the Jazz Age by F. Scott Fitzgerald

This is one of the books I'm trying to read at the moment. It was a free book, I got off of Pixels of Ink. Its a compilation of short stories by F. Scott Fitzgerald, a writer who is supposed to be one of the greats. So far I've read, Benjamin Button, Diamond as Big as the Ritz, and Tarquin of Cheapside, and for the most part I'm enjoying them. But whoever did the compiling screwed up. Dropped words, phrases and at times whole sentences.

I'll be reading along, reading along, and suddenly I hit a blank space. When the blank space ends, I'm located somewhere in the middle of a sentence. When I finally muster up a review, I'm going to review Fitzgerald favourably... But I'm gonna flame the shit out of the transcriber.

The real question is, who takes classic literature and butchers it? Who does that?

Seedbox Press, LLC apparently. Here we have a stunning example of the internet making it easy for amateurs to do hack jobs.

Seriously, though, if you have a job to do, do it right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List