The Sunday Post
Happy Sunday! I hope everyone’s having a good weekend!
The Sunday Post is a news meme created by CaffeinatedReviewer. I'm also linking up with Sunday Salon at ReaderBuzz. I will be posting on the first Sunday of each month and I hope you'll join me.
This month’s weather report on last month’s weather: We had a small heatwave the first week; that kind of heat that sucks the breath out of you like a vacuum when you go outside. But the rest of July was simply beautiful. Sunny days that were spent out at the barn with my best girl, and warm nights by the firepit. Occasional rain here or there; not enough to end the drought, sadly, but just enough to get me out of having to water the plants.
The firepit hang out spot is getting dangerous though, lol. A pair of skunks have been passing through the yard habitually around 8pm, and one night they were even curious enough to walk up to us and have a look. We were still as statues and just as quiet, trying hard not to wet ourselves. Now if you live in an area that doesn’t have skunks, let me explain it to you: it’s a little weasel-type animal about the size of a Pekingese, not particularly aggressive, but when afraid they can effectively mace whatever is scaring them with an extremely accurate and very potent musk the smell of which can peel wallpaper, curdle milk, send the spirits of the damned racing back to hell…and that smell can stay on your body for weeks if not months. Like being lost in the woods with either a strange man or a bear when it comes to skunks, I’d still choose the bear.
I read and reviewed three books for July:
I had jury duty in July and while I waited for my empanelment I started reading a mystery, Two Little Girls in Blue by Mary Higgins Clark, to set the mood. I’m also reading The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker, and I love that it’s a historical/fantasy crossover.
AMC’s Interview with the Vampire/The Vampire Lestat, has been renewed for season four: Queen of the Damned, so I’m hoping to make time to read Anne Rice’s novel of the same name, even though I didn’t like the first two books in the series (maybe third time’s the charm? I mean, I liked the movie.) Probably won’t be reading it soon though, maybe more toward the end of the year.
That was my July, how was yours?

Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!