The Sunday Post

Happy Sunday! I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your weekend.

The Sunday Post is a news meme created by Caffeinated Reviewer. I'm also linking up with Sunday Salon at ReaderBuzz. I will be posting on the first Sunday of each month and I hope you'll join me. Today’s post is a recap of 2025 and my upcoming plans for 2026.

January's weather has been positively glacial. We've had snow, we've had sub-zero temperatures, we've had everything but penguins. But according to the weatherman that seems to be going on all across the country right now. If you live in a state where snowy winters are not the norm: drive slowly if you have to go out, take aspirin for your back after shoveling, and curl up under a blanket with a good book and a hot chocolate when your day is over.

I almost didn't post anything today. My blog has been inactive for a month. I normally do something in between reviews, and I've never really gone a whole month without posting a review unless something major happening in life. I really haven't got much bookish news to share, but you deserve an explanation as to my whereabouts.

I've been reading a book called Alchemised by SenLinYu. It's a 1030-page long monster and I'm over 800 pages in. The size of the book isn't really influencing the time I spend reading it; I find it reads like a racecar, full speed ahead. I was doing pretty good until the 800 mark. This is going to be the craziest thing I've said about a book but I'm afraid to know how it ends. It's a brutal and dark fantasy and I want it to have a good ending so badly that I've started struggling to flip pages because there's the chance it might not. Isn't that a little nuts? Being afraid of an ending?

As scary as it is, I will get there, page by page.

Comments

  1. What a large book! I absolutely know the feeling of being guarded about a potential ending. I hope it turns out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t tell you how many book series I have with just the last book to finish it because I’m afraid of being disappointed at its ending!
    I hope Alchemised turns out well

    Wishing you a warm reading week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a great book! I totally understand slowing down at the end because you are afraid of how it will end, been there, done that! I hope it has a fantastic ending. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a big book! I hope you enjoy the ending. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! New to the blog because of the Sunday Salon, but it is a good idea to let your Loyal Readers know what's happened if you haven't posted in a month. A big book is a good excuse, but there have been an amazing number of books that just... stopped one day, and I have often wondered what happened to the authors! Hope you have a satisfying ending to your book and don't have too much of a book hangover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have such a hard time reading such long books. I always am thinking about how many pages I have left to go.

    Welcome back!

    My post: https://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com/2026/01/sunday-salon-songs-for-now.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard good things about Alchemised, but I don't know if it has a good ending... hope you do enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I love it that you are worried about the ending. I've actually stopped reading books I knew would end badly and I wrote my own ending. You can do that if you need to.

    Glad you chose to post today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Books with Red on the Cover

Top Ten Books Set in Snowy Places

Top Ten Romantic Books & Why I Read Them