Friday Book Blog Hop (on Tuesday)

I've been a way for a few weeks, out in the garden and doing some re-landscaping. I thought I'd foiled the bun-buns a few years ago, by planting animal resistant and poisonous plants. But the newest batch of babies figured out that while the greens may be bitter and somewhat poisonous, the blossoms are still sweet.

Today's Top Ten Tuesday List was Top Ten Books with a Unit of Time in the Title. I am skipping this week, my mind drew a blank and I couldn't commit the time. But if you're participating, be sure to drop by That Artsy Reader Girl and join her link up.

I think, technically, this is last week's topic, but since each Hop covers the span of a week, I'm sneaking it in today. 

 3rd - 9th - What is your method for writing reviews - do you write immediately after reading, wait a few days, or write as you are reading? (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)


I take notes as I'm reading, on the themes, characters, plot, and problems. I think back over the story in terms of "what does it mean?" and "how did it make me feel?" and I write that down in my notes too. I usually wait a day or so, to think over that last few pages I read, and how it impacted my previously drawn notes and conclusions. Then, I type it all up.

Sometimes, when time is short, I'm less dedicated in my note taking or review leaving. Then my review is whittled down to the bare bones of my final impression. A simple, "This was great!" instead of a novella about a novel.

But usually, there's notes involved.

How are you doing this week? 

Comments

  1. I’m doing well. I’m glad I found your blog. I enjoy your posts. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of do similar to you as well when it comes to writing reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you taking notes as you go...that's something I admire, but I never can make myself do. :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List