Top Ten One Word Reviews

 Today's list for the Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, is: One Word Reviews for the Last Ten Books I Read, but it was a bit long for a blog title. I've never actually done a one word review before; am I supposed to tell you what the book was about, or whether I thought the book was good or bad? 

Under normal circumstances, I usually try and do both.

  1. Plain Bad Heroines by Emily Danforth:   Lesbians.
  2. Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi:   Racism.
  3. The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Living by Meik Wiking:   Ambiance.
  4. Fantastic Fungi: How Mushrooms Can Heal, Shift Consciousness, and Save the Planet by Paul Stamets:   Repetitive.
  5. Troubled Blood by Robert Galbraith:   Creepy.
  6. Jaws by Peter Benchley:   Karma.
  7. To Sleep in a Sea of Stars by Christopher Paolini:   Spaceships
  8. The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking #1) by Patrick Ness:   Misogyny
  9. Midnight Sun by Stephanie Meyer:   Melodramatic.
  10. A Vow So Bold and Deadly by Brigid Kemmerer:   Crowded.
I wonder: If you've read any of these, what word would you have used? What's your favorite book and how would you describe it in just one word? 

Comments

  1. Of these I've read Homegoing (my review word would be S-L-O-W) and The Knife of Never Letting Go (my word: Terrific!) - looks like you've had a range of different books recently; that's how I read too. You can see my list here: https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/ttt-one-word-reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homegoing was a little slow but i like how the author told the story through the original characters descendants.

      Delete
  2. I struggled with the one-word review concept! I agree with "melodramatic" for Midnight Sun for sure! And I have to wonder about a book with your one word being "misogyny" -- is the book itself misogynistic, or is it portraying (hopefully negatively) a world with misogyny? Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It portrays a world with misogyny ( it is negatively). Its really interesting read. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I felt the same way about Fantastic Fungi. I so wanted to like it more!

    And, yeah, I also wasn’t sure if we were supposed to pick words that described the plots or gave hints about our opinions of the books in general.

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-one-word-reviews-for-the-last-ten-books-i-read/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like most people i visited chose to gove one word for their opinion of the book . A few avoided the topic all together

      Delete
  4. I like your take on this week's TTT. :) And thanks for commenting on my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Troubled Blood yet, now I want to know why you call it creepy! I've read the rest of the series and really enjoyed it.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a lot of ick, with the characters and the goings on.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List