Ten Books That Will Be In My Beach Bag This Summer


My picks for the Tuesday Top Ten, as invented by The Broke and Bookish.

I had to think about this list, lol. See the beach is really sunny, full of distractions. So if I'm taking a book, it's got to full into one of two categories:

1. Well-worn, so the light bouncing off the pages, doesn't hurt my eyes.
2. Simple-written, Young Adult, So I can follow the story easily, without having to put too much thought or effort into it.

1.Come on, Seabiscuit! by Ralph Moody. My copy belonged to my mother -- in the 70s.

2. The Call of the Wild by Jack London. This book's gone on road trips and boat trips. Its been to the barn, the beach, camping, and to school...Well worn, yes, and well loved.

3. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll.

4. The Great Gatsby. by F Scott Fitzgerald. Haven't read yet, but if I get a copy from the library I bet it'll be worn in.

5.Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin. 

6. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. I hear good things about this one.

7. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. Certainly easy to follow.

8. Mattimeo by Brian Jacques.

9.  The Incredible Journey by Sheila Burnford

10. The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List