Top Ten Characters Who Make Me Laugh


My picks for the Tuesday Top Ten, as invented by The Broke and Bookish. This week's theme is: Top Ten Characters Who "X" (you fill in the blank)... I chose characters who make me laugh, and although the reasons vary, the result is the same.

1. Stanley Yelnats. He had the worst luck but the best heart.

2. What-the-Dickens. The first words an orphaned tooth fairy hears, is an exclamation of "What the Dickens?" and he becomes convinced that that must be his name.

3. Elphaba. She's green and a smart ass. She loves to read.She's eccentric and a rebel. And if I'd gone to school with her, she wouldn't have rebelled alone.

4.Neville Longbottom. Socially awkward, accident prone, driven to do the right thing...If I'd have gone to school with him, we'd have been socially awkward together.

5. Gilliam Murray. He's the villian....He's just not very good at it.

6. Lord of Misrule...He is coming to Indian Mound Downs and everyone is betting on him to win...Lord of Misrule is a joke of a racehorse; old, miserable and broken...But he's owned by a Mob Family, so don't ever bet against him.

7. Angela the Herbalist. She's nuts. She's scary. She knows the future!

8. Abraham Lincoln, from Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter...I suppose I find the concept funnier than the character but it makes me laugh. It's like writing Barack Obama: Ballerina.

My 9 and 10 are from the same book:



9. The Demon, Crowley.

10. The Angel, Aziraphale.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List