My picks for the Tuesday Top Ten, as invented by The Broke and Bookish. This week's theme is: Top Ten Books If You Like X (tv show/movie/comic/play etc.)
I chose to do a list for those who are enjoying ABC Network's Once Upon a Time. This is the list for the young-at-hearted who can never get enough magic in their life.
- Betwixt by Tara Bray Smith. A group of teenagers who never fit in, find out why they fit in with each other.
- What-the-Dickens by Gregory Maguire. A dark and stormy night begins the story of a lost tooth-fairy.
- The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly. A sad little boy gets lost in world colored by the darkest fairy-tales.
- Enchantment by Orson Scott Card. A retelling of Sleeping Beauty. A grad student rescues a princess; an event that takes him through time to a land of wars and witches.
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaimen. Robert Mayhew reaches out to a young woman in need, and finds himself falling through a crack to a world beneath his own.
- The Flying Dutchman by Brian Jacques. Two stowaways of the famous, ill-fated ship, are cursed with immortality.
- The Telling Pool by David Clement-Davies. Arthurian legend of Excalibur--Rhodri Falcon must find the sword if he is to save everything he holds dear.
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. Cinderella retold.
- Dreams Underfoot by Charles de Lint. Short story compilation; the beginnings of the Newford series.
- Among Others by Jo Walton. A bookworm sent to boarding school, whose footsteps are followed by fairies and witches.