Ten Books I'd Love to Read With My Book Club



My picks for the Tuesday Top Ten, as invented by The Broke and Bookish. This week's theme is: Ten Books I'd Love to Read With My Book Club/If I Had A Book Club (or you could pick a specific kind of book club -- like if you had a YA book club or an adult book club or a science fiction book club etc.) I didn't pick a "themed book club"; instead I chose books base on the significance I thought they had, and my desire to hear other peoples' views on those books. 

      1. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
      2. The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling
      3. Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist
      4. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
      5. American Gods by Neil Gaimen
      6. Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin
      7. The Call of the Wild by Jack London
      8. The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht

These next two books, I actually can't vouch for, but I've been dying to read them.

      9. Watership Down by Richard Adams
      10. Dune by Frank Herbert

By the time you see this post, I'll be sitting under a blizzard, pretending to be living in a Syfy channel movie, "Ice-pocalypse" and I don't know whether or not I'll have internet...So keep warm, stay safe, read on.

Comments

  1. Oh, good list! I think I would have liked American Gods much more if I'd had a group to discuss it with. I put Winter's Tale on my list too! I haven't read it because it always just seems too big for me to spend time on, but if I had a group commitment that would help. Dune is awesome, and that would be a really fun book club book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

The Sunday Post