Quotable Thursday


I just finished Hollow City and it made me invent a new word: creepadore: (adj)--when a thing is creepy and adorable at the same time. Here's a snippet:

"Do all the animals here talk?" I asked.
"Just Deirdre and I," Addison said, "and a good thing too. The chickens won't shut up as it is, and they can't say a word!" Right on cue, a flock of chickens bobbled toward us from a burned and blackened coop...
..."What happened to their coop?" Emma asked.
"Every time we repair it, they burn it down again," he said.

I'm hoping to have the review finished today and posted tomorrow!

Quotable Thursday originally brought to you by Bookshelf Fantasies.

Comments

  1. Ha! I love the line about the chicken burning down the coop! I need to read this -- I picked up a copy last year, and just haven't gotten to it yet. Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book had so many weird and wonderful moments, it was hard to choose just one!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your thoughts! I try to respond to all comments and questions, so come back soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

The Sunday Post