The Start

I'm a bibliophile who is unemployed and hiding from a heat wave. Needless to say, I'm bored. I'd like to take this mundane, uncomfortable July day, to start a book blog. I don't know if I'll actually get followers, or if I'll just talk to myself on the internet, about books, until I find an employer, but right now it seems like a good idea.

Yeah, I'll probably talk to myself...But if you like books and you find this blog, follow me...At the very least, a couple of followers makes me look less crazy.

Now as to the books I'll be reviewing, I read a little bit of everything except for erotic/adult only books. I read mystery, horror, sci-fi, fantasy, and contemporary. I rarely read romance, I have a fear of cheesey predictable plots, but when I do, I do review.

I'm not strictly a critic or strictly a ego-stroker. If its good, I praise it, if its bad I flame it, if its in between I name what works and what doesn't. Sometimes I read a book that I can't criticize and don't want to analyze, and those reviews will be more basic. Sometimes I want to pick apart the details and see the meaning underneath. Many of my reviews will be dual-posted, meaning I have a Good Reads account under a different name, and I will probably copy+paste reviews from the blog to GR or from GR to the blog.

But above all, reading, and this blog, are done in the name of fun. So no drama if you disagree with my review, believe me, I'm not important enough to be dramatic over...If I was, I'd be getting paid to review books.

Peace, Love, and Literature!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List